Fashion for Fusion is the culminating event in our ‘Faces of Fusion’ campaign, a new initiative to bring young people on board as an integral part of our youth and community work in the community.
It’s a six-week campaign of personal development involving fun, fundraising and fashion! Our three aims are:
- To raise funds for Fusion Canberra;
- To showcase our community second hand stores Wombat Wardrobe and Hand to Hand; and,
- To train and mentor young people.
High School students from some of the schools Fusion is working are selected to represent Fusion Canberra. Our values are Justice, Mercy, Compassion, Respect and Industry and students will be chosen who embody these qualities in their attitudes and behaviour.
As a Face of Fusion, they will take part in:
- Event planning – as a team, they will organise two ‘pop-up’ stalls in public places around Canberra;
- Marketing and promotions – they’ll engage different strategies to promote sustainable fashion and op-shopping at Wombat Wardrobe and Hand to Hand;
- Fundraising – they’ll reach out to your family, friends and broader networks to raise money for young people like yourselves to have opportunities to grow (ie. a good cause!); and,
- A fashion parade – they’ll take to the catwalk and show Canberra your moves.
And the fashion parade is what’s happening this Friday June 20 at UC High School Kaleen (Baldwin Drive, Kaleen).
We’re still looking for volunteers for the night so complete the form below and we’ll be in touch!